"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes"
~Eleanor Roosevelt

21 January 2010

Therory Test One

Funny, when I was in the military and taking a promotion exam, we used to joke that when you get stuck on a question 'C' your way out. Of course not a fool proof plan but any answer is better than leaving a blank, right? So imagine my dismay when taking my first Intro test, answer after answer kept coming up with the infamous 'C'. Must be a mistake right? Pondering that question had me re-reviewing my test three times, burning up a good 45 minutes of time. Statistically it didn't make sense that so many answers would wind up similar in a row, the instructor had to be messing with us right?

Oh well, time was running out of time so I stuck with my first instinct, which turned out to work in my favor. As we waited for everyone to finish up, all the discussion was about the statistical anomaly and how "Christmas treeing it, wouldn't have cut it!" While we did get to overlook the answers briefly, I don't know for sure how I did on the exam. I will find out grade book results next week. But I know I passed it! So with that I take a deep breath, let out a grateful sigh of relief, and now I must prepare to move on to the next hurtle....Chemistry test on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment