"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes"
~Eleanor Roosevelt

07 January 2010

So I survived day one

Just for future reference triple check the time you need to be somewhere if it is that important! So, I am sitting at a red light on my way towards the schools direction when I decided to check my schedule. Yeah, not the brightest of times to do so... It was 12:48, funny it said my class starts at 1300. I swore the thing said 1330 yesterday. That’s not even the best part; the kids were still in the car!

So yes, I was late to the first day of class (way to place a target on my head from the get go.) I fully expected to get tossed from class but thanks to my lead foot I ran in there huffing and puffing just right at the five minute cut off. Things will be much easier once the kiddos start full time daycare on Monday but still.

Okay back to the class. Not much fun today, just the typical go over the syllabus, rules, expectations….fun fun fun. Again we heard the warning that there will be no social life for the next 17 months. No biggie I lost mine four years ago, I have learned to cope. Tomorrow we will be “hitting the ground running” covering medical asepsis and infection control.

Oh, one highlight of the day we chose which hospital we wanted to do our clinicals at, I did get my first choice. I know for a fact there is a Starbucks in this hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment