"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes"
~Eleanor Roosevelt

09 April 2010

Crazy insane week

So much for actually resting up on Spring Break. For only working three days total last month to working five shifts in a week; wow, I am worn out. Think I need to take a vacation from my "vacation." I guess for now I will have to be content with vacationing at my home away from home...AKA school. I spent a huge portion in the green and white uniform at school this week. Practice Practice Practice!

This past Saturday I got the not so wonderful news that I would have to re-tape my catheter insertion. My sterile gloves that came with the catheter kit were ridiculously too big; the tips of the finger tips could be folded back into my palm! At some point during the insertion my Edward Scissorhands touched my trash bag without my knowledge, poof my sterile hands were now dirty and I contaminated my patient. Instant fail! Lesson learned, I rerecorded today with much smaller gloves this time around. Hopefully there will be much better results!

We didn't have clinals this week; instead we spent the day in the school's lab. Where we were checked off on our last remaining skill set. Wound Care, more specifically I had to perform a sterile Wet to Dry dressing change. (Could have had a Montgomery Strap with a drain instead.) Things went well, short of my q-tip that I was using for packing snapping. Thankfully that happened at a point I could continue the task using the broken part. The completion of that skill brought on the conclusion of Lab testing days, the remainder of the semester will be spent at the hospital and there are only three remaining days of those!

The theory test went well, got my first 'A' on a this this semester! I quite happily will give up the 84% trend to keep this new one going. The only remaining exams are one regular test pertaining to the last four topics yet to be covered, the final (comprehensive of course), and the HESI (the true test to see if we absorbed anything from the entire semester!)

Let's see, I registered for next semester. Because I made myself stay awake until the online registration opened, I did get my first choice in classes. A few friends made it in there with me, its always great to have familiar faces around! This schedule filled up so quickly, many of my other classmates will be elsewhere. Kind of sad, I love the dynamics of this particular class. For the most part we all worked pretty well together. I suppose there is always another semester to try and get into the same classes!

Alright this is getting rather long and I think I prefer to have today's theory discussion in its own little post....but that will wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment