"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes"
~Eleanor Roosevelt

24 March 2010

Ouch!

Okay that hurt, a lot. Ramifications from that Chemistry class I skipped last week have been felt; like a big painful smack across the face.

Within the one hour we are allotted to be lectured to death daily, the professor managed to cover nearly an entire chapter. Of course I reviewed the information I missed and made the determination that there wasn't much material he would really be able to test for. That's what I get for thinking!

Today was exam day, and it was very very painful. If I had to put a number to it; 80% of that test consisted of material from that one stupid chapter I considered to be irrelevant. After looking at the first page of questions, my confidence quickly diminished and I let my mind wonder for the remainder of the test. Thankfully, unlike the last exam, this one was a multiple guess (or choice if you prefer) . Meaning there is still a 1 in 5 chance that all the blanks I randomly filled in when the 5 min. was called could be correct. Here's to wishful thinking....I will update this post later this afternoon once grades are posted.

Lesson of day:
There is a reason that attendance is highly recommended for Chemistry classes.

**********UPDATE***********
Apparently I have someone looking out for me, or at least guiding my hand in writing down the answers. There is no way I could have randomly guess 15-20 questions enough to actually pass on my own. While I didn't do as well as I normally would, I got a 76%!!! Now, there is only 1 remaining exam plus a final. I can see graduation on the horizon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment